Skip to main content

Full text of "Bob Buente South Park BID Emails through 10/2018"

See other formats

FW: A suggestion

Subject: FW: A suggestion

From: Ellen Riotto <ellen@southpark.la>

Date: 01/12/2017 10:12 AM

To: Robert Buente <bbuente@1010dev.org>, "daniel@jadeent.com"
<daniel@jadeent.com>, Robin Bieker <robin@biekerco.com>, Shelby Jordan
<SJordan@aeg worldwide, com >

Linda Valentino who owns Downtown Dance and Movement on Hope has been vocal about the
shortage of parking. Josh's response accurately lays out the current status, but I want to
make sure we're not missing anything. Any ideas about parking availability in the evening?

Thx

From: Linda Valentino clindavalentinogprodigy.net>

Date: Wednesday, January 11, 2017 at 6:37 PM
To: Josh Kreger <josh@southpark.la>

Cc: Ellen Riotto <ellen@southpark.la> , Wallis Locke <wallis@southpark.la>
Subject: Re: A suggestion

Hi Josh,

Thanks for your reply. I have called Luxe in the past, and it is not financially feasible.
No one is going to pay $15 to park when they are coming for a $15 or $18 dance class, or a
rehearsal. It just won't happen.

I understand that the new developments are building additional parking, but those won't be
finished until 2018, and if I don't get some access to reasonably priced parking for my
clients, I will close before those developments are completed.

Before I opened I had a tentative deal with Mack Urban to use their company parking lot on
Olive at night. I was going to rent it from them. When I met with them shortly before
opening, they changed their mind. It really pulled the rug out from under us. Do you know
any local developers or companies in South Park that don't use their parking lots at night
that might be willing to work out some kind of deal with us?

This is a really urgent issue for me.

1 of 4

10/19/2018 09:21 AM

FW: A suggestion